Manor House Surveyors
Party Wall Services

Resolution Disputes and Boundaries

Manor House Surveyors
Visit our FAQ page to find out more about the Party Wall etc. Act 1996.
Manor House Surveyors
Download a copy of our guide to the Party Wall etc. Act.
previous arrow
next arrow


Our Party Wall Surveyors  are fully qualified and chartered. We are members of the Pyramus and Thisbe club, fellows of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors and fellows of the Chartered Association of Building Engineers. 

We have a wide range of clients including Local Authorities, Educational Establishments, various Community Organisations, Financial Institutions, Housing Associations, Developers and Private Clients.

Manor House Surveyors can offer expert advice in all areas concerning the Party Wall Act 1996, boundary disputes & structural matters for those requiring building surveys. We offer a bespoke service for each of our client as no two jobs are the same. Furthermore, our surveyors are passionate about what they do. This has helped to develop a close working relationship with a wide variety of clients.

the Party Wall etc. Act 1996

The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 covers 3 types of work; the construction of a new structure on the boundary line, alterations to existing party structures (typically walls but may include floors) and excavations close to neighbouring properties. 

Examples of work covered by the the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 include;

  • Building at the boundary line.
  • Cutting beams into a party wall as part of a loft conversion
  • Underpinning a Party Wall to facilitate a property development.
  • Excavations within 3m or 6m of a neighbour’s property/shared structure.
  •  The removal of a chimney breast that is attached to a party wall. 
For all works covered by the Act, the building owner’s must serve notice on the affected adjoining owners and obtain their consent. If consent is not obtained, a “dispute” has arisen under the Party Wall Act. Surveyors must then be appointed to resolve this dispute via a Party Wall agreement, also called a Party Wall Award. 

Have Questions About the Party Wall etc. Act 1996?