Party Wall Surveyors

Manor House Surveyors are fully qualified and experienced party wall surveyors. We are members of the Pyramus and Thisbe club, fellows of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors and fellows of the Chartered Association of Building Engineers and associate members of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.

We have a wide range of clients including Local Authorities, Educational Establishments, various Community Organisations, Financial Institutions, Housing Associations, Developers and Private Clients.

We offer expert advice in all areas concerning the Party Wall Act 1996, boundary disputes & structural matters for those requiring building surveys.

We offer a bespoke service for each of our client as no two jobs are the same. Furthermore, our surveyors are passionate about what they do. This has helped to develop a close working relationship with a wide variety of clients.


The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 covers 3 types of work; the construction of a new structure on the boundary line, alterations to existing party structures (typically walls but may include floors) and excavations close to neighbouring properties. 

Examples of work covered by the the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 includes;

  • Building at the boundary line.
  • Cutting beams into a party wall as part of a loft conversion
  • Underpinning a Party Wall to facilitate a property development.
  • Excavations within 3m or 6m of a neighbour’s property/shared structure.
  • The removal of a chimney breast that is attached to a party wall.

For all works covered by the Act, the building owners must serve notice on the affected adjoining owners and obtain their consent. If consent is not obtained, a “dispute” has arisen under the Party Wall Act. Surveyors must then be appointed to resolve this dispute via a Party Wall agreement, also called a Party Wall Award.

Related links

Things you need to know about the Party Wall Act.

Your friendly guide to the party wall act.